10 Amazing facts about Gateway Of India
By- Surendra Kumar
• Gateway of India was built to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary to Mumbai.
• It is the first monument in India to be built in the Indo-Saracenic style.
The Gateway of India was designed by British architects George Wittet and Claude Batley.
• The construction of the Gateway of India was completed in 1924.
The Gateway of India is located at the tip of Apollo Bunder, a popular tourist destination in Mumbai.
It is a basalt arch with a height of 26 metres.
• The Gateway of India was used as a ceremonial entrance for British Viceroys and other important dignitaries.
• The Gateway of India is a popular spot for tourists, and is one of the most photographed monuments in India.
• The Gateway of India is often confused with the Taj Mahal Hotel, which is located nearby.
• The Gateway of India is a popular spot for celebrations and entertainment, and is the site of many cultural events.